Saturday 7 January 2012

Delhi Haat!

So yesterday I went to Delhi Haat as the "Dastkaar" bazaar is going on there. this is THE place if you are a handicrafts junky. I love this concept of delhi haat, as it gives opportunities to local craftsmen from all over India to showcase their goodies. Also gives us, the city dwelling, materialistic, mall going, west influenced crowds to gather some beautiful, indigenous, hand-crafted piec es of clothing, bags, jewelry, home care products and what not !..not to mention,at VERY reasonable prices.

so anyway, this is what I bought !

I HAD to buy this red muffler as soon as i saw it. It was available in black & nave blue as well but i thought this pinkish-red color would brighten any dull dreary winter morning! It is also super soft and warm.
Price quoted: Rs 450
Price i got it for: Rs 350! :) (haggling works honey !)





these are wall hangers. they were available in all kinds of vibrant colors & patterns. Also different sizes and shapes.I personally loved these blue ones & bought individual pieces as opposed to a 2-3 piece joined hanger. they are ceramic on the surface and the base is rot-iron. apparently they can handle upto 3kg of weight !I plan to hang my daily jholas :)

Price: Rs 50 per piece

This shop also had alot of other great stuff like jewelry boxes and small wooden drawer set.must check it out !


so this was all I bought as I went on sudden notice with not much money. I plan to go again soon !
PS: this is the delhi haat opposite INA market on Aurobindo road (not the one in pitampura).

I hope it inspires you to go soon and check the place out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

would lov to hear your thoughts!